Tuesday, April 3, 2012

The Vetala Cycle- A Collected Edition

G.R. Yeates is one of my favorite writers, so it should come as no surprise that I grabbed the collected edition for his first three novels. The Vetala Cycle is the name for the trilogy that contains The Eyes of the Dead, Shapes in the Mist, and Hell's Teeth. These are books that are set during the first world war, and each deals with  a different  aspect of the war. At this time I currently have reviews up of the last two, and plan on reviewing The Eyes of the Dead soon, after I read it for a third time. It should be obvious that I have enjoyed it and I can assure you my review will be a positive one, so I won't go into each of them here. What I will say is that even if you have one, or all three of them already, get this collection! This is much more than a box set. Yeates has included chapter by chapter commentary for each of the books, the short story and creation myth that were found in Hell's Teeth, and a brand new short story that was so bittersweet it brought tears to my eyes. The table of contents is enabled  which allows you to flip through this just like you would in a paper book. So even if you have read one or all of the books, you can jump right to the chapter by chapter commentary that follows each book and short story, and to the new short story as I was eager to do.  Highly recommend this collection!


http://www.amazon.com/The-Vetala-Cycle-Collected-ebook/dp/B007QP4DRS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1333665948&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Vetala-Cycle-Collected-ebook/dp/B007QP4DRS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1333489269&sr=8-4


I give it five cocktails.


No comments:

Post a Comment