Thursday, March 15, 2012

Release the Kraken!

Not that long ago, a friend recommended a rum to me and some other friends. He is not normally a rum drinker, but he said this one was good, so I thought I would give it a try. It is very good! I am not normally one for drinking rum straight, but this is a black spiced rum from the Caribbean and I didn't find it needed to be mixed with anything. In fact, another friend tried it with coke, and he said it was terrible that way. But this is a great drink to have at parties with judgmental friends, as it is so dark it can pass for coke, or at least a rum and coke. (This way no one looks at you like you need an intervention if you happen to be around non-drinkers who don't understand how straight liquor over ice allows you to taste all the flavors of whatever it is you are drinking.)
But having said all of that, the good people at Kraken Rum clearly feel that you can mix this rum with lots of things, and have provided handy recipes on their website. http://www.krakenrum.com/recipes  They also sell an assortment of odds and ends, from perfume to shower curtains. https://www.krakenrumstore.com/ I have no idea why you want to smell like a distillery, but to each his own.


I give it four cocktails.


No comments:

Post a Comment