Thursday, March 8, 2012

Dragon Warrior

Dragon Warrior is the first in a series of romance books that cross over into a few other genres, namely fantasy and science fiction. I am a big fan of the romance genre blending books, and really liked the post apocalyptic world where this one was set. MacLeod does a good job of setting up the story in the beginning and playing with the readers' idea of who the good guys are supposed to be.
This being a romance book, it is important to have a likable leading couple. I think MacLeod does well there of describing a rather good looking man who, while he is physically imposing is in need of help from the main character, Rain, due to the psychological trauma that he suffered. This of course brings them together nicely.
My one major criticism is the lack of a plausible explanation for how the dragon warriors are created. I know that this is science fiction; I just like a little more science with my fiction when it is used. This may not bother all readers. It is easy to forgive as there is a lot of action in this book and a fast pace to keep them entertained. It also had a satisfying ending that left me wanting to know what will happen in the next book.
http://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Warrior-Wars-ebook/dp/B005XRB8U6/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1331260433&sr=1-2
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dragon-Warrior-Wars-ebook/dp/B005XRB8U6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331261456&sr=8-1

http://sheamacleod.wordpress.com/

I give it three cocktails.

No comments:

Post a Comment