Sunday, July 21, 2013

Pink Martini (The drink, not the musical group. This is a blog about booze, after all.)




        So, for any of you follow this blog regularly, or as regularly as I post, you probably figured out that I had a baby recently. I am now the proud parent of a five month old girl. I love her very much, even though she occasionally makes a scream/sound that has been described as the Devil's weed-eater. Or I guess what lawn equipment in hell would sound like. This is a sound she makes when she is happy, which brings me to my new favorite cocktail recipe! (I was going to get to it eventually.) It is a pink martini, simple to make and perfect for the summer. You just need your favorite vodka, some coconut rum, cranberry juice, and pineapple juice.


Directions:


Add 1 1/2 oz of vodka (I would stick with plain, unflavored vodka, but if you like a super sweet drink go for a citrus flavor or you can always double up on the coconut.)

1 1/2 oz of coconut rum (I like Bacardi, but Malibu works fine as well.)

Splash of cranberry juice.

Splash of pineapple juice.

(Obviously a splash will vary depending on who is mixing the drink, but again if you like it sweeter just add more fruit juice.)

All of this goes into your cocktail shaker with some ice. Shake then pour and serve!

     If you want to get fancy, you can add a fruit garnish of cherries or a pineapple slice. If you are making these by the pitcher you might have more fun with the cherries since they provide a stem to play with after you eat the garnish. Although I have yet to meet someone who can tie a knot with one of those, but it's fun to watch people try.


Hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and can find the time to enjoy this light libation.






No comments:

Post a Comment