Saturday, May 5, 2012

Fruity Margaritas for Cinco De Mayo

     So, here in the United States we celebrate Mexican heritage today, and in New Orleans this means lots and lots of people will be having margaritas.  Since it is also strawberry season, I thought I would share a recipe for strawberry margaritas, and a few other fruit flavors. I hope you have a wonderful time enjoying these light libations; I know I will!


Frozen Strawberry Margarita:



8 to 10 oz of fresh strawberries, with the tops cut off of course
4 oz Tequila (if you are blending or mixing, Jose Cuervo is fine)
1 1/2 oz of Triple Sec
1 1/2  oz of lime juice
About 2 cups of ice
Lime slice for garnish

Put ingredients in a blender, and hit blend (this part is not rocket science), and then you have enough for two to three drinks. 



Frozen Mango Margarita:





1 1/2 cup peeled ripe diced mango
3 oz white tequila
1 oz Cointreau 
2 oz fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar
2 cups of ice

And again, throw it all in a blender, and blend until smooth.  I think a lime slice works well for a garish here, or you can use an orange slice. Of course, you can always get really fancy and start adding flowers like this picture I found; I'm sure that it would look even lovelier in person.  


Pineapple Margarita 






4 oz of tequila 
1 1/2 oz of Triple Sec
3 oz of lime juice
4 oz (1/2 cup) of pineapple juice
2 teaspoons sugar
crushed ice

Add ingredients to cocktail shaker, and shake vigorously. 
Pour into chilled glass, garnish with lime slice. 





No comments:

Post a Comment